- Digitalization: Werner & Mertz PROFESSIONAL brings trending topic to life at CMS
- green care PROFESSIONAL honoured as “GREEN BRAND” again
- 150 Years under the Sign of the Frog
- Always one generation ahead of the rest
- Meeting of Pioneers Generates New Ideas for Circular Economy
- Recyclate Initiative: PackTheFuture Award for Sustainable Design
- Sustainable Printing Inks for product labels
- UK Innovation Award for QUICK & EASY
- New Plastics Economy
- CLP Regulations as stimulus for innovation
- Proof points for products with environmental excellence
- Apprentices honoured for their concepts of the „Keep it clean“-Contest
- Kliks – a new green care PROFESSIONAL system for more confidence in mechanical warewashing and laundry
- First sustainable matting polish with the resistance of a high gloss polish
- Pioneering achievements: Bottle out of 100% recycled plastic out of the public waste collection system
CLP regulation as stimulus for innovation
On a regular basis the guidelines for Classification, Labelling and Packaging of chemical substances and mixtures (CLP Regulation) are being tightened. Werner & Mertz Professional takes these more stringent regulations not as an obstacle but much more as an incentive for new and innovative solutions.
The CLP Regulation became effective in 2015 and is binding for all manufacturers and dealers that work with chemicals. It ensures improved user- and consumer safety through clear labelling of dangerous products. Sanitary maintenance and heavy duty cleaners, which have an extreme pH value (pH-value <2), have for instance to be labelled with their corresponding risk phrases and symbols. This is due to their potential danger in case of skin contact.
Some manufacturers try to avoid those adjustments in order to bypass the extra efforts implicated by adjusting the latest regulations - at the expense of users who need to be able to trust the correct labelling of products. Through partly questionable tests and animal testings, exceptions of the CLP regulation are being induced, even if they are not in accordance with the original purpose of the regulation.
Howerever Werner & Mertz Professional deals responsibly with the more stringent regulations: "Today, we provide 25% more training than we did before the launch of the new regulation. We classify cleaning agents with extreme pH-values as dangerous as prescribed in the CLP regulation. Animal testing is not an option for us.", reports Werner Schulze, General Manager for the German and Swiss Professional business.
Changes of the CLP regulation are no obstacle for him: "We take the more stringent requirements of the CLP regulation more as a stimulus to invest even more in innovation to provide our customers products that are as powerful as the pH-extreme products but with a minimum risk potential.
As innovation driver, Werner & Mertz Professional proves again and again that it pays off to create products that are not only powerful but also safe in their application. An integral sustainable concept.