- Werner & Mertz form "Quick & Easy" UK partnership
- Werner & Mertz is named winner of the German Packaging Award
- World Innovation: first PE-bottle based on 100% (PCR) HDPE
- Forum Circular Economy
- Werner & Mertz receives Amsterdam Innovation Award
- We live Circular Economy
- Circulair Friesland in Akrum
- Plastic as reusable material
- Unwrapping the package - towrads the circular economy in Europe
- Werner & Mertz illustrates its circular economy success to HEC alumnis in Paris
- Werner & Mertz showcases how sustainability drives innovation on CompraVerde Forum in Italy
- First hand information about innovation and technical developments for trainers
Werner & Mertz showcases how sustainability drives innovation on CompraVerde Forum in Italy
On Octobre 13-14, 2016 the tenth edition of CompraVerde, a conference dedicated to private and public Green procurement, took place. As part of the conference, Werner & Mertz illustrates how a circular business model enables new innovations.
The CompraVerde-BuyGreen Forum gathers the most important community of GPP experts, of innovative and virtuous enterprises and best practices from public administrations. Via seminars, conferences, workshops and one-on-one exchanges, state-of-the-art of Green Procurement is discussed. The event gathers around 230 public bodies and non-profit actors, 1,150 B2B meetings and over 110 national and international speakers.
At the opening, after showing an excerpt video from Pope Francis’ speech to the United Nations, Italians Environment Minister Gian Luca Galletti said: “"From toners for printers to recycled paper up to the food that is served our children in school – in all these situations green public procurement constitutes an important leverage to reduce the environmental impacts. Our Ministry is consequently fostering the pursuit of Green public procurement, being aware to set a pattern and show that rethinking is necessary and worth it”.
Frank Vancraeyveld, head of the professional division of Werner & Mertz, was among the speakers of the afternoon conference dedicated to the topic “GREEN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT CHANGES THE BUSINESS” . He outlined how thinking in cycles drives business and presented initiatives where Werner & Mertz is strongly committed. The recycling of PE and PET, the usage of European origin surfactants, the usage of 100% renewable energy and the water management as a very valueable resource are the topics that captured the attention of the audience, composed mostly of representatives of public institutions dealing with green procurement.
For Werner & Mertz Forum Compraverde was important opportunity to underline the company’s pioneering role in green economy by investing seriously in innovation and pursuing its mission of "doing right things right".