- Recognising and rewarding sustainable standards and activities across the professional cleaning sector
- Digitalization: Werner & Mertz PROFESSIONAL brings trending topic to life at CMS
- green care PROFESSIONAL honoured as “GREEN BRAND” again
- 150 Years under the Sign of the Frog
- Always one generation ahead of the rest
- Meeting of Pioneers Generates New Ideas for Circular Economy
- Recyclate Initiative: PackTheFuture Award for Sustainable Design
- Sustainable Printing Inks for product labels
- UK Innovation Award for QUICK & EASY
- New Plastics Economy
- CLP Regulations as stimulus for innovation
- Proof points for products with environmental excellence
- Apprentices honoured for their concepts of the „Keep it clean“-Contest
- Kliks – a new green care PROFESSIONAL system for more confidence in mechanical warewashing and laundry
- First sustainable matting polish with the resistance of a high gloss polish
- Pioneering achievements: Bottle out of 100% recycled plastic out of the public waste collection system
Apprentices honoured for their concepts of the „Keep it clean“-Contest
Berlin/ Mainz, September 2017
The best concepts of the contest for apprentices in the building cleaning sector „Keep it clean“ are evaluated. Werner & Mertz Professional, as sponsor of this contest for apprentices, congratulates the winners and is proud of the ecological and social contribution of the concepts to a sustainable cityscape.
The image of Graffiti on walls, wildly stored bulky waste, careless pollution and waste on public places and after events – such situations annoy not only local residents and pedestrians, but also mess up the cityscape with some unpleasant consequences. The Association for Cleaning Technology / Verein für Reinigungstechnik with the support of vocational schools had called apprentices of the building cleaning sector to identify such situations and to develop a cleaning concept and ways to avoid this in the future. The submitted project work should provide inspiration public relations work and positively present the performance spectrum of the building cleaning service providers. Now the jury has selected the winners of the competition. The first prize was won by the team of Saskia Haas, Daniel Sponsel and Daniel Haerke from the Metzingen Vocational School with the topic: „Festivals, fairs and street parties – Waste!“. Number 2 ranked Christin Kämmer from the Andrea-Gordon-School in Erfurt with the topic „Public Transportation and station cleaning“. The third place was reached by Stefanie Kretzschmann of the vocational training centre for services and design in Dresden with the topic „Pigeon droppings: Pigeons and People“.
The jury rewarded the far-sightedness and the solutions for the contest. The winner team of „Festival, fairs and street parties – Waste!“ was invited to the CMS. In addition to the official handover of the prize at the booth of the German Federal Guild Association of the Cleaning Trade (BiV), the apprentices can enjoy two free days in Berlin. Moreover, the winners are invited to take part in a plant and company tour as well as a basic cleaning and sanitary cleaning training at the premises of Werner-Mertz Professional in Mainz. As cleaning detergent manufacturer for professional use, the Professional Division of the Werner & Mertz Group sponsors the first prize. „We are happy to support this competition because it focuses on both ecological and social sustainability. Today’s apprentices are customers of tomorrow“, emphasizes Werner Schulze, Managing Director of the German Werner & Mertz Professional branch and sponsor of the event.
The association for Cleaning Technology / Verein für Reinigungstechnik will continue the competition because of the interest of the vocational schools and the apprentices, and the high quality of the submitted concepts.